Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a fun little blog about all of my favorite home decor pieces that I have found either at a thrift store, Habitat Restore, or on the Facebook Marketplace. Also I will share with you how I made the pieces over and made them fit into my home too.
- This was a $5.00 Facebook Marketplace find that I absolutely love! It was exactly what we were looking for. We gave it a little makeover and now it sits pretty in the corner of our living room with some cozy pillows. It is the perfect spot to keep the girl’s toys hidden and to have them have a little seat and play. Just a little bit of paint and a sealer and it looks as good as new!
2. This is one of my favorite finds. We had been wanting a new(to us), larger entertainment stand for under our T.V for a while. Our old one was just a little too small plus we wanted something with a little more character. Well we sure got it with this piece! I spotted this from an aisle away at our local Habitat Restore. I pointed it out because I loved the way it looked and the size was perfect. As soon as we got to it, I immediately fell in love. I saw a sticker on it that said it had been tested and it worked. So I quickly opened the top to see it was an old record player, with a radio and 8 Track. I was in love. I can remember listening to Christmas music especially the Beach Boys on our Record player back home. Such an amazing memory of mine and I knew I had to have it. The hubby loved it too and we got it! I even stood there until the hubby paid for it, so no one would say they wanted it too. The best part is it was only $75.00!!!!! Some chalk paint(of course) and sealer and done!
3. These table legs were another huge score in my book! For only $5.00 each, I was able to make an awesome entryway table with the addition of a few pieces of wood we already had on hand and some screws. Easy peasy! I love how chunky these legs are and the look it gives in our hallway.
4. I wish I had a before picture of this chair, but I found this for only $5.oo. Again, I have it 3 coats of white chalk paint then distressed it lightly with some sand paper and it was done. This sits pretty in the corner of our living room and we love it!
5. This chandelier I picked up was only $10.00 but it was that ugly brass color that used to be so popular. I found an amazing tutorial on how to paint something to look old and have faux patina. Well it sure was a pretty tedious project and took quite a while, but I just love the look that it gives this room and how it looks old but really is just a bunch of brown, gray and white paint!
6. Lastly, this is an outdoor light fixture that we picked up for only .50 cents each(we have another one on the other side of the room too). They were just trying to get rid of them and we scooped two up. I knew immediately I wanted them to be in our Master bedroom above the night stands with some pretty flowers. They were black when we got them and I just gave them some T.L.C with some chalk paint and distressed them lightly.
Well I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my favorite thrift store finds today and hopefully I will have some more to show you soon. I love finding fun items that I can re purpose or just paint to make them new again. I would much rather find stuff like this over purchasing new. I find so much fun and creativity in this! I would love to hear from you what your favorite pieces you have found too! Leave a comment below if you want to share!